First Baptist Church, Fairfax
|Bethlehem Baptist Church (1852)||Fairfax Baptist Church (1932)||First Baptist Church of Fairfax (1944)|
Bethelem Church is located on Boundary Street, at the entrance to the Faifax Town Cemetery. A highway historical marker is adjacent the road. This Baptist Church was organized in 1854, and built its first hosue of worship near the location of the highway marker, on land purchased in 1859 from A.R. Stokes. The congregation obtained land for the present location in 1910 from G.D. Sanders and had completed a building in 1914. In 1944 the name was changed to the First Baptist Church. (taken from South Carolina Highway Historical Marker Guide, published by the South Carolina Department of Archives and History, 1998, modified by Dr. Frank O. Clark). The marker was erected by the First Baptist Church of Fairfax in 1976. (Historical Marker 3-4)
|History of the First Baptist Church of Fairfax|
|SCGenWeb - Allendale County, South Carolina|
Please Email any additions, errors,or corrections to the county coordinator.