Allendale County Communities and Place Names (please send additions, updates, and corrections):
|Allendale||Burned to the ground by Sherman's troops under Gen. Kilpatrick in the winter of 1865. Moved to the present location (to the East) after 1873.|
|Bull Pond||A plantation of Michael Brown whose 1835 will devised it to his children. The 700 acre place adjoined William Flowers and William R. Erwin.|
|Burton's Ferry Landing|
|Cohen's Bluff||The name of this location was changed from Matthews Bluff to Cohens Bluff sometime after 1850.|
|Gravel Hill||Gravel Hill, a fifteen room house, was constructed by Benjamin Lawton Willingham in 1856|
|King Creek Landing|
|Little Hell Landing|
|Matthews Bluff||See Cohen's Bluff.|
|Millett(off site)||near Martin, Lower Three Runs Creek, the Savannah River Plant and Little Hell Landing on the Savannah River. There are Millett Area Obituaries (off site).|
|Red Bluff Landing|
|Roselawn||Roselawn was built by Rev. Joseph Alexander Lawton c1835.|
|Stillwood||Stillwood, a Bryan family house, was constructed before the Civil War.|
Please Email any additions, errors,or corrections to the county coordinator. Please add to this list!
Copyright ©1997-2013, SCGenWeb, Allendale County, and as detailed above, all rights reserved. These documents may be freely used for private purposes, and included in your own genealogy. However, this document is copyrighted and may not be sold, nor given to anyone who may attempt to derive profit from same.