St. Nicholas Church
This Lutheran church was organized by 1804, and has occupied several sites. The structure present in 1998 was built in 1910, and incorporates material from the 1884 church The church is located about 2 miles south of the highway historical marker. (Historical Marker 3-6)
The location of the highway marker is on the east corner of the intersection of S.C. highway 641 and road 40, about 0.7 miles west of the Salkehatchie River.
(taken from South Carolina Highway Historical Marker Guide, published by the South Carolina Department of Archives and History, 1998, modified by Dr. Frank O. Clark).
A Brief Accounting of John Henry Graffs Ministry at St. Bartholomews and St. Nicholas Lutheran Churches 1804-1813
St. Nicholas Church Cemetery
Please Email any additions, errors, or corrections to the county coordinator.
|Return to Allendale Churches|
|SCGenWeb - Allendale County, South Carolina|