Sketch of the Family of Richard Jackson. There are six identified children
of Richard Jackson of Richland Co., SC, b<1707, dc1751. One has a firm
upper limit on birth year, which places the 1707 limit. Mary Jackson could
have been either just turned an adult c1754, or she could have been born
about then, depending on whether she was born very early or very late. The
family, as pieced together by Mrs. Theresa Hicks, genealogist of Columbia,
SC, is as follows (see appendix titled Neighbors of John Gill for more complete
set of records on this family):
Richard Jackson b<1707 dc1751, wife probably Mary, resided Richland Co.,
SC. Probably from Virginia.
Six Known Children (some of these women may have married as early as 14 years
of age, which would affect the birth year estimates):
1. Ann Jackson married William Janeway or Ginnoway
2. Sarah Jackson b<1728 (1749-21), married Henry Snelling. Richard Jackson,
Sr., in 1746 executed a deed of gift in trust to Hugh Murphy, for "my daughter
Sarah Snelling". Henry Snelling was given a deed in trust for the four youngest
children: John, Mary, Richard, Jr., and Miles Jackson by his father Richard
Jackson in 1751 (Richland Co. Book 11 p297).
Four Minor children of Richard Jackson, Sr. in 1751:
3. John Jackson born c1737 (Moss p490), alive and an adult in 1773. some
children documented, son John Jackson with John Gill of Barnwell in legal
4. Mary Jackson b<1733? minor in 1751, married John Gill by 1769, along
with her brother Richard Jackson, Jr., and John Handasyd sponsored the baptism
of John Snelling, son of her sister, Sarah Gill Snelling and Henry Snelling
(Giessendanner record 1754), so probably born before c<1733.
5. Richard Jackson, Jr., born <(1769-21) or before 1748 married Lourana,
they were in Winton Dist. by 1769.
6. Miles Jackson minor in 1751, deceased by 1769
Return to John Gill born c1733