Descendants of Benjamin Franklin Gill
Generation No. 1
1. BENJAMIN FRANKLIN1 GILL was born 1841 in Memphis, TN, and died December 18, 1889 in Dewitt or Lavaca County, TX. He married (1) //. He married (2) FANNIE MCCHINEK July 27, 1876.
|From the 1880 Arkansas census, White County, p. 189 Marshall Township:|
|Name Sex Age Occupation Birth Father Mother|
|Franklin Gill M 39 Farmer TN TN TN|
|F. Jane Gill F 29 Housekeeping AL NC TN|
|Sarah A. Gill F 12 Ark|
|Delia A. Gill F 3 Ark|
|Willie Gill F 5/12 Ark|
This man's name was Benjamin Franklin Gill. His wife's name according to my mother was Fannie McChinek. They were married July 27, 1876 according to my mother but she does not know where. That would presumably make Sarah the product of an earlier marriage. Her father, John Marion Gill, was born in Romance, Arkansas on January 7, 1884.
Child of BENJAMIN GILL and // is:
i. SARAH A.2 GILL, b. Abt. 1868.
Children of BENJAMIN GILL and FANNIE MCCHINEK are:
ii. DORIA2 GILL, b. 1877, White County, Arkansas; m. WILLIAM CONNOR.
2. iii. WILLIE ETTOR GILL, b. February 15, 1880, White County, Arkansas; d. May 03, 1949, Dewitt County TX.
3. iv. JOHN MARION GILL, b. January 07, 1884, Romance, AR; d. October 07, 1947, San Antonio, Texas.
4. v. GEORGE MARVIN GILL, b. August 23, 1886, Romance, AR; d. October 17, 1918, Yoakum, TX.
Generation No. 2
2. WILLIE ETTOR2 GILL (BENJAMIN FRANKLIN1) was born February 15, 1880 in White County, Arkansas, and died May 03, 1949 in Dewitt County TX. She married OTTO NEITCH in Dewitt or Lavaca County, TX.
Child of WILLIE GILL and OTTO NEITCH is:
i. HERMAN3 NEITCH, Adopted child; m. AMANDA.
3. JOHN MARION2 GILL (BENJAMIN FRANKLIN1) was born January 07, 1884 in Romance, AR, and died October 07, 1947 in San Antonio, Texas. He married (1) EDNA LEE ROARK May 02, 1902 in Alice, TX. She was born August 05, 1885 in Lagarto, Live Oak County, TX, and died January 19, 1965 in Lockhart, TX. He married (2) MATTIE SHELBY EHRINGHAUS November 02, 1913 in San Antonio, Texas, daughter of JOHN EHRINGHAUS and BETTIE WATKINS. She was born July 24, 1886 in Seguin, TX, and died December 19, 1979 in San Antonio, Texas.
Children of JOHN GILL and EDNA ROARK are:
5. i. LOUISE TODD3 GILL, b. January 31, 1903, Alice, TX; d. May 30, 1959, Dallas, TX.
6. ii. MARVILLE ROARK GILL, b. April 07, 1905, Alice, TX; d. April 06, 1966, San Antonio, Texas.
7. iii. GLADYS MAUREEN GILL, b. September 08, 1908, San Antonio, Texas; d. October 12, 1977, Austin, TX.
Child of JOHN GILL and MATTIE EHRINGHAUS is:
8. iv. BETTY MARION3 GILL, b. November 11, 1918, San Antonio, Texas.
4. GEORGE MARVIN2 GILL (BENJAMIN FRANKLIN1) was born August 23, 1886 in Romance, AR, and died October 17, 1918 in Yoakum, TX. He married NORA MAE KARL June 24, 1907 in Yoakum, TX. She was born October 22, 1889, and died October 28, 1954.
Children of GEORGE GILL and NORA KARL are:
10. ii. DOROTHY LEE GILL, b. January 12, 1913, Yoakum, TX; d. December 1991, Washington.
Generation No. 3
5. LOUISE TODD3 GILL (JOHN MARION2, BENJAMIN FRANKLIN1) was born January 31, 1903 in Alice, TX, and died May 30, 1959 in Dallas, TX. She married THEODORE FREDERICK DRISKILL June 1924. He was born November 17, 1898, and died October 1981 in Dallas, TX.
6. MARVILLE ROARK3 GILL (JOHN MARION2, BENJAMIN FRANKLIN1) was born April 07, 1905 in Alice, TX, and died April 06, 1966 in San Antonio, Texas. He married VESTA ELENA KORNRUN March 28, 1926 in New Braunfels, TX. She was born December 19, 1906 in TX, and died December 1975 in San Antonio, TX.
7. GLADYS MAUREEN3 GILL (JOHN MARION2, BENJAMIN FRANKLIN1) was born September 08, 1908 in San Antonio, Texas, and died October 12, 1977 in Austin, TX. She married WYMAN SIM GIDEON April 29, 1928. He was born November 24, 1906 in TX, and died June 12, 1996 in Austin, TX (Per Social Security Records). More About WYMAN SIM GIDEON: Social Security Number: 1996, 462-58-4062
8. BETTY MARION3 GILL (JOHN MARION2, BENJAMIN FRANKLIN1) was born November 11, 1918 in San Antonio, Texas. She married CHARLES LOUIS KLASING, JR. June 21, 1939 in San Antonio, Texas, son of CHARLES KLASING and ANNIE KOCH. He was born June 21, 1917 in Augusta, Georgia, and died March 14, 1995 in Harlingen, Texas. More About CHARLES LOUIS KLASING, JR.: Cause of Death: Lung Cancer. Military service: Bet. 1943 - 1945, U. S. Navy, Pacific Theater, PCE-898. Occupation: Bet. 1946 - 1976, Klasing Hand Brake Company, Joliet, IL
9. ELMER ROY3 GILL (GEORGE MARVIN2, BENJAMIN FRANKLIN1) was born January 31, 1909 in Yaokum, TX, and died May 05, 1961 in Washington. He married (1) LEONA SLOAN. He married (2) AILENE DAVIS. He married (3) YVONNE BURGEN.
10. DOROTHY LEE3 GILL (GEORGE MARVIN2, BENJAMIN FRANKLIN1) was born January 12, 1913 in Yoakum, TX, and died December 1991 in Washington. She married (1) LARA B. TELLEVIK February 04, 1933. He was born July 28, 1893. She married (2) SINNETT Bet. 1941 - 1948.
Please contact the Chris Klasing with information on this family.
GILL DNA results (http://www.rootsweb.com/~ctcsouth/GillDNA/index.html) show that William Pressley Gill, James M. GILL (http://sciway3.net/clark/gill/kyjamesm.html) of Pulaski County, KY and Benjamin Franklin Gill (http://sciway3.net/clark/gill/tnbenfranklin.htm) Shelby County, Tennessee are related. However to date, there are no paper trail sto tie them together. The William Pressley GILL information was contributed by, copyright © 2005 and special thanks to Joseph Stone, all rights reserved. Joseph Stones email is email@example.com. Please contact Arnie Gill or at Arnie Gill
|Return to Gill State Selection Page|
Copyright ©2001 Chris Klasing. These documents may be freely used for private purposes, and included in your own genealogy. However, this document is copyrighted and may not be sold, nor given to anyone who may attempt to derive profit from same. Please send any errors, corrections, conjectures, updates, etc. to Dr. Frank O. Clark.