Hampton Presbyterian Church, located on Mulberry Street at the site of the old Hampton High School.
On Dec. 13, 1953, a group of 15 people met with the commission of Charleston Prebytery and organized the Hampton Presbyterian Church. Services were held in the All Saints Episcopal Church where all services were held until the present building was built in June, 1955. Sunday School organized in 1951 led to the new church, which was members that had migrated from the Harmony Presbyterian Church of Crocketville, SC. The first pastor was the Rev. J. C. Kovach.
The church is located on Mulberry Street in Hampton, on the old site of Hampton School. A marker stands on a cement and brick platform that honors the school that once stood there and where General Wade Hampton stood and made a speech.
Submitted by and thanks to Yvonne Deloach. Copyright ©2013 USGenWeb Hampton County web site.
Please Email any additions, errors, corrections, or suggestions to the webmeister.
|SCGenWeb - Hampton County, South Carolina|