2 Centuries of Lawtonville Baptist 1775-1975 by Coy K. Johnston Copyright 1974 Litho in USA by The State Printing Company.
He is the great, great grandson of Amos Johnston (1769-1815) who donated 4 acres of land for religious and educational purposes which is presently the cemetery. In 1826 this site became the Pipe Creek Baptist church which later became the Lawtonville Baptist church and cemetery. He was an attorney.
Also in the present South Carolina Magazine there is an article on Lawtonville Baptist Church and it's history.
Provided by Melanie Hellmer 27 Sept. 2003. Copyright ©2013 USGenWeb Hampton County web site.
Please Email any additions, errors, corrections, or suggestions to the webmeister.
|SCGenWeb - Hampton County, South Carolina|