by Victoria Proctor, 2001, modified 2005
Located 10 miles northwest of Dillon on Highway No. 9. Organized 1841 by a commission under the chairmanship of the Reverend Joseph Brown authorized by Harmony Presbytery. The action of the presbytery was in response to a request from members of the Ashpole and Red Bluff Presbyterian churches (the latter church dissolved later), who desired a Presbyterian place of worship nearer their homes on Reedy Creek. James L. Alford and Archibald McGill were elected ruling elders at the organizational meeting.
Stokes, "The History of Dillon County, South Carolina"
See also: Reedy Creek Presbyterian Church Cemetery Transcriptions
Last modified: 2 Feb 2005.
Back to Dillon County Churches
Dillon County History and Genealogy
Copyright © 2001, 2005 Victoria Proctor. All rights reserved.
This WEB page may not be copied, altered, converted or uploaded to any electronic system or BBS, message board, mailing list or web site, nor included in any software collection or print collection of any type without the express written permission of the author.