Link to Dillon County Home Page box1 Early Dillon area Homes
box2 Historic Things and Places
box3 Dillon area Schools
Back to Dillon Home Page


Old Dalcho School
    Photo of old Dalcho School, date unknown

OLD DALCHO SCHOOL

Dalcho School, with roots in the old Hofwyl Academy, came into existence in 1874 when the Dalcho Masonic Lodge constructed a meeting hall opposite the Catfish Creek Baptist Church and offered half of the building for use as a school. In 1883, the joint lodge-school facility was relocated a short distance southwest where it continued its double service until 1903. The lodge then moved to Latta and quitclaimed its interest in the property to the school.



Back to Dillon Town
Dillon County History
Dillon County Main Page

Copyright Victoria Proctor © 2002-2013
All Rights Reserved