McLAURIN HISTORICAL MARKER
contributed by: Dan Eison
It states: McLaurin's Muster ground. Located at this crossroads became a polling place in 1825.
According to local tradtition the community was later called Ivy's crossroads. A Post Office named Clio was established here in 1836 and the town was incorporated in 1882. The Florence Railroad Company extended its Latta branch line into Clio in 1895.
Back to Marlboro Towns | Back to Marlboro Photo Gallery |
Marlboro County Main Page
© 1996-2004 Victoria Proctor. All rights reserved.