- K -
KEATING, Luke -
KEELING, William -
KEITH, James -
KELLEY, James -
KENDALL, Luke -
KENNEDY, John -
KING, Richard - listed in the Royal Gazette Confiscations List of 20 March 1782 as a Class V
KINGSLEY, Zephaniah - listed in the Royal Gazette Confiscations List of 20 March 1782
as a Class III
KINKAID, George - listed in the Royal Gazette Confiscations List of 20 March 1782 as
a Class I
KIRKLAND, Moses - listed in the Royal Gazette Confiscations List of 20 March 1782 as a Class V
KIRKWOOD, Hugh -
KNOTT, Jeremiah - listed in the Royal Gazette Confiscations List of 20 March 1782
as a Class I
CONFISCATION LIST CLASSES:
- Comprehends all British subjects who have property in this country, that is to
say, such persons as never have submitted to the American Government.
- Such of the former inhabitants of this Country, as presented congratulatory
addresses to Sir Henry Clinton and Admiral Arbuthnot
- Those who petitioned to be armed in defence of the British Government,
after the conquest of this Province
- Those who congratulated Earl Cornwallis, on the victory gained at Camden
- Those who have borne commissions, civil or military, under the British Government,
since the conquest of this Province
- Obnoxious Persons
1. Confiscated estates lists, published in the Royal Gazette newspaper at Charleston, 20 March 1782.
2. Sabine, Lorenzo. Biographical sketches of Loyalists of the American Revolution. (2nd Ed., 1864)
3. Records of the Loyalist Claims Commission, PRO, London
4. Miscellaneous Papers on Forfeited Estates, File Number S126170, Box 4, SCDAH, Columbia.
Record group includes returns filed by Tory militia commanders filed in 1783, as a result of Ordinance No. 1189,
passed by the South Carolina Fifth General Assembly 17 March 1783.
Copyright © 2002-2014 Victoria Proctor, All rights reserved.